Thursday 7 June 2012

A Rabble of Butterflies

Welcome to my new blog: A Rabble of Butterflies.
My aim is to post my awarding-winning stories (assuming there will be many), keep you all up to date with my writing news, share my thoughts on writing-related issues and ultimately be part of the modern world of blogging. As a writer, and former journalist, it's important to embrace new technology whether it be iphones, blogs, and love it or hate it, twitter. Time and technology never seem to stand still and, as communicators, writers need to strive to keep as up to date as possible. Writing can be a lonely pursuit, so I'm hoping my blog will connect me with the wider world.
Oh, and finally a word on the title of my blog ... recently my 12-year-old son did collective nouns for homework, so out came a great book called A Parliament of Owls, Penguin, 2005. I just loved the irony of 'a rabble of butterflies'; surely a group of butterflies couldn't make that much of a sound! Writing can be like that too. There's so much out there, it rarely makes a sound, or does it?
Hope you enjoy following me and please feel free to comment. Kerri

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging, Kerri! I quite like the sound of a babble of butterflies, too. Somehow their fluttering motion reminds me of water babbling in a brook.
    Love the look of your site, and look forward to reading your musings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy, and thank you so much for your help in getting me started -- I really appreciate it. Your good deed has gone into the pot. Now I will have to put one in too -- perhaps by helping someone else out.

      Delete